Asparagus & Cannellini Bean Soup – GF, Vegan
Spring is on its way and what better way to celebrate it with a light and creamy Asparagus and Cannellini Bean Soup.
Recipe type: Soups
- 3 x 350g bunches of Asparagus – ends snapped off and cut into 2-3 pcs
- 2 Celery stalks – chopped
- 1 lrg Spanish Onion – Sliced and diced
- 6 Garlic cloves – sliced and diced
- 1 lrge Leek – thinly sliced
- zest of 1 unwaxed Lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp ground white Pepper
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 can Cannellini Beans – washed and soaked in water until ready to use
- 4-5 heaped Tbs unsweetened non-diary Yoghurt
- In a large saucepan, cook the onion, leek and garlic in enough filtered water to just cover for approx 10 min or until soft and translucent.
- Add the celery and cook for a further few minutes
- Add the asparagus, lemon juice, zest, stock, salt and pepper
- Bring to boil
- Add the cannellini beans
- Simmer for 20min
- Blend in a food processor adding 2 heaped Tablespoons of unsweetened non-diary yoghurt to each batch.
- Serve with cracked pepper and a swirl of unsweetened non-diary yoghurt