Wholegrain Spelt Pasta topped with Roast Vegetables tossed with Sweet Roast Veg Dressing
Recipe type: vegetables, pasta & grains
- 1 courgette – sliced
- 1 red onion – cut into wedges
- ½ red pepper – cubed
- ½ green pepper – cubed
- Butternut squash – cubed into 1cm pieces (can leave skin on)
- Pumpkin (I used crown prince) – peeled, cubed into 1cm pieces
- 15 Brussels sprouts – cut in half
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 carrots – sliced
- Rock salt and cracked pepper
- Olive oil spray
- 100g wholegrain spelt pasta
- Bunch of rocket
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Toss veg with rock salt, cracked pepper and olive oil spray
- lay onto a non-stick baking sheet on one layer
- Place in the centre of the oven for 15min
- Toss the vegetables with my ‘Sweet Roast Veg Dressing’ recipe under condiments
- Layer the vegetables once again on the non stick baking tray
- Bake for a further 15min
- OR you can bake the vegetables for a total of 25-30 min then at the end toss the marinade over them. Both ways give a slight different taste to the end result.
- While the vegetables are baking, cook the pasta as per the instructions on the packet.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain.
- At this point I toss a few tablespoons of my ‘Homemade tomato sauce’ (recipe found under condiments) in the same saucepan I just cooked my pasta in, allow it to heat up for a few minutes. Toss the pasta back into the saucepan and evenly coat with the tomato sauce.
- Place the pasta in the centre of the plate, top with some rocket, then the roasted vegetables on top.
- A delicious meal, moorish to say the least.