Classic Hummus – GF, Vegan
A low fat version of the classic Hummus. Great for dipping in or using as a sauce in wraps.
Recipe type: condiments, pulses, snacks
- 1 can Chickpeas including the juice
- 4-6 cloves of Garlic – depending on how garlicky you like things
- Juice of one lemon
- ½ – 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Tahini
- ½ tsp ground Cumin
- pinch of dried chilli or cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp Paprika + more to sprinkle on top as garnish
- Parsley – chopped finely for garnish
- In a food processor add the chickpeas and half of the juice in the can
- Start blending
- Add the garlic, lemon, salt, paprika, cumin, chilli
- Blend for 5min – the longer you blend the creamier it becomes
- If the hummus is too thick add more of the liquid from the can. Taste and add more salt or lemon if needed. Continue blending for a further 5min.
- Garnish with parsley and paprika.
- Note: If the hummus is too runny, don’t worry it will thicken in the fridge.
This post was submitted to ‘Fat Tuesday: March 6, 2012′ @ http://realfoodforager.com/fat-tuesday-march-6-2012/ and to ‘Slightly Indulgent Tuesday; 03/06/12‘ @ http://simplysugarandglutenfree.com