Thai Red Curry Roasted Vegetables with spinach and toasted seeds – GF & Vegan
A very tasty vegetarian dish served best with quinoa or Wholegrain rice. Will blow away any guest!
Recipe type: Vegetables, main
- 1 Broccoli – cut into bite size florets
- 1 Sweet Potato – cut into 1cm wedges
- ½ Butternut Squash – peeled and cut into 1cm wedges
- 100g Spinach leaves
- 15 Cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil spray
- 25g mixed seeds – pumpkin, sesame, flax, sunflower
- Bunch of coriander – chopped
- 1 Tbs or 50g Brown rice miso paste
- 1 Tbs Thai red curry paste
- ½ Cup filtered water
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- In a small bowl mix miso, filtered water, lemon juice and Thai red curry paste. Set aside.
- Spray Squash, broccoli and sweet potato with Olive oil spray.
- Toss with ⅔ of the marinade and bake for approx 30min, turning vegetables half way thru.
- In a small separate bowl do the same with the cherry tomatoes, but only use 1 Tbs of the marinade.
- minutes into baking of the squash, sweet potato and broccoli, toss on top the cherry tomatoes then bake for a further 10min.
- Whilst the vegetables are baking, on a skillet toast the mixed seeds. You may need to cover them as the smaller seeds will pop. Make sure to constantly shake the skillet as the seeds will brown quiet quickly once the pan has heated. Cook over med to low heat.
- When roast vegetables are done, leave to cool for about 5-10min.
- Toss the remaining marinade into the spinach leaves.
- In a large bowl sprinkle ½ of the spinach leaves, then place the roast vegetables on top, followed by the chopped coriander, toasted seeds then the remaining spinach leaves.
- Using tongs, combine all gently.
- Serve with Quinoa. (see my following post for making quinoa)
This post was submitted to ‘Allergy Friendly Friday Hanukkah, Christmas, and Quanza 2011′ @ http://www.cybelepascal.com/?p=3896