Raw Pumpkin Pudding with Cashew Cream
This recipe was slightly adapted from pure2raw’s Twisted Pumpkin Pie recipe and Creamy Cashew Cream recipe. www.pure2raw.com
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 C Butternut Squash and Pumpkin puree (see details on making your own below)
- 2 dates, pitted
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp either vanilla or vanilla bean paste or 2 vanilla pods scraped out
- ⅛ tsp ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg or freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ tsp stevia – the white powder form
- ½ tsp wattleseed (this is a seed found in Australia that i was lucky to get a hold of and grinded to powder. It has a slight coffee and cocoa aroma, if you dont have this then omit it)
- 1½ frozen bananas
- Rice Milk (or any other milk alternative)
- 1-2 Tbs of Irish Moss
- Making your own Pumpkin/Squash Puree:-
- To make your own Pumpkin/Squash puree simply peel and cut them into ½cm wedges. Place on a non stick baking pan or baking paper. Do not season or spray/toss with oil. You can use oil but this is just unnecessary added fat. Roast on 200 degree Celsius for about 25min on the middle to bottom shelf. You don’t want them to take too much colour or burn. You just want them soft enough to be able to puree.
- Once the Pumpkin puree has cooled to room temperature, put all the ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Add the Irish Moss a bit at a time to gauge the consistency desired. Add water and the Rice Milk in equal parts also depending on the consistency desired.
- Portion Pumpkin Pudding into ramekins. Fill ¾ up to top of rim.
- You’ll see in the picture above ive sprinkled some almond flour blended with some dates.
- Please see my next post ‘Cashew Cream’ for the topping!
This post was submitted to ‘Slightly Indulgent Tuesday; 10/18/11′ @ http://simplysugarandglutenfree.com